Compact and powerful 8-port, multi-protocol Ethernet to DMX converter
ENTTEC’s Storm 8 is a compact, 8 universe installation-grade Ethernet to DMX gateway designed to make controlling DMX lights over Ethernet simple. Convert sACN or ArtNet to DMX easily.
Power the Storm 8 using either the DC PSU included in the box or Power over Ethernet (PoE). Install it using one of the four mounting options, then configure and update it from anywhere on your network using its intuitive web interface. It is convenient 8 RJ45 DMX outputs make cabling familiar to installers and offer ultimate flexibility if you ever want to expand your infrastructure in the future.
Controlling lighting fixtures and digital strips have never been easier than with this smart and compact Ethernet DMX converter.
An installer's dream
- PoE or 12-24vDC power input option
- Front LED status indicator.
- Rack, surface, and DIN mount accessories are all included in the box as standard.
- DMX outputs on RJ45 connectors (ANSI 1.27) familiar to installers with no need for soldering – Use our adaptors or follow the guide in the Knowledgebase to convert the RJ45 to traditional DMX connectors.
- 8 Universe Ethernet to DMX Node
- 8 DMX (RJ45) data output ports
- Easy to update & configure through any web browser
- Supports Art-Net & sACN
- 1 RJ45 connector (10/100 Mbps)
- PoE or DC jack power input.
- Static or Dynamic (DHCP) IP configuration (DHCP by default).
- Status indicator LED.
- Supports DMX512/1990.
- Independent refresh rate configurable for each DMX output.
- Option to disable certain ports.
- Each DMX output can be configured to enable or disable merging HTP/LTP.
- The Storm8 ships with rack ears allowing mounting in half or full-width rack spaces.
- 3-Year Warranty
Easy to setup
- Web-browser based settings page
- Connect and configure in your favorite browser.
- 8 Universe or 4096 DMX channels
- Supports a maximum of 4096 DMX channels
- Supports either LTP or HTP Merging (up to 2 sources).
- Use another source, just to test your setup.
- Revert back to the master source when required. All standard on Storm 8.
- Standard RJ45 outputs.
- XLR connectors
- Standard shielded CAT5 cable
- Standard ANSI E1.27-2
- 1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet port (With PoE)
- 8 x DMX outputs on RJ45 (ANSI 1.27-2)
- Configure via a web interface: Connect through the Storm 8’s configuration interface using a computer's web browser on your local network.
- Static or DHCP: Configure your network settings to suit your installation.
- HTP or LTP Merging: Send data from two sources and let the Storm 8 merge on either an LTP or HTP basis.
- sACN to DMX: Convert up to 8 universes of streaming ACN to DMX.
- ArtNet to DMX: Convert up to 8 universes of ArtNet to DMX.
- Select input universes in any order: Unlike other manufacturers, ENTTEC gateways allow you to select any input universe number and assign it to any output port.
- Disable DMX Ports: If you aren’t using all DMX ports simply disable them from the web UI.
Compatible 3rd Party Software & Applications
- Check out the ENTTEC Knowledge Base (ENTTEC's Website) to learn which third-party software is compatible with ENTTEC devices
- Storm 8
- Ethernet Cable
- 12V PSU & International plugs
- Rack, Surface/Din mount ears + Din Clips + Screws