The 4 Pair DURACAT 24AWG CAT5E Cable is designed for users who demand high performance and reliability in their cabling solutions. Whether you're setting up a local area network (LAN) or connecting lighting controls, this cable ensures top-notch transmission quality.
- High-Quality Construction: Manufactured with 24 American Wire Gauge (AWG) pure copper conductors, it offers superior electrical conductivity, ensuring rapid signal transmission with minimal interference.
- Durable Exterior: Its rugged jacketing provides enhanced durability, making it resistant to wear and tear even in challenging environments. This feature makes it particularly suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Enhanced Shielding: To combat potential signal interference, this cable incorporates robust shielding mechanisms. This shielding minimizes electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI), ensuring a clean and consistent data flow.
- Compliance with Standards: Fully compliant with CAT5E specifications, this cable can support network speeds of up to 1000 Mbps (or 1 Gbps). This makes it versatile enough for most modern networking requirements.
- Broad Application Spectrum: While it’s notably ideal for DMX lighting setups due to its high signal purity, this cable is also suitable for other applications such as computer networks, CCTV installations, and audio-video systems.
- Flexibility: Despite its rugged construction, the cable remains flexible, making it easier to install and route through tight spaces.
- Length Customization: Paired with the RJ45-PLUG-KIT male connectors, users can create custom-length cables tailored to their specific needs, eliminating excess slack or the necessity for extensions.
- Conductor Material: Pure Copper
- Conductor Size: 24 American Wire Gauge (AWG)
- Number of Pairs: 4 twisted pairs
- Jacket Material: High-density polyethylene (HDPE) or similar, for durability and flexibility.
- Outer Diameter: Typically ranging from 5.0mm to 6.0mm (values might vary based on manufacturer).
- Maximum Data Rate: 1000 Mbps (1 Gigabit per second)
- Frequency: Up to 100 MHz
- Characteristic Impedance: 100 Ohms ± 15%
- Max Operating Temperature: Typically 60°C to 75°C (depends on the cable's jacket material)
- Signal Attenuation: Typically less than 22 dB/100m at 100 MHz
- Next (Near End Cross Talk): Greater than 40 dB (this ensures that signals on one pair do not interfere with signals on another pair)
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Compatibility: Yes, suitable for PoE applications, depending on individual cable manufacturer specifications.
- Shielding: U/FTP or F/UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pairs with an overall foil shield or Foil-shielded Twisted Pairs, based on the specific variant).
- Bending Radius: Typically around 4 times the outer diameter (exact values might vary based on the manufacturer).
- Cable Color Coding: TIA/EIA 568B standard (which is the most common, but there's also the 568A wiring scheme).
- Flame Resistance: Often rated to a standard such as CM, CMR (Riser), or CMP (Plenum), depending on where it's intended to be used.
- Length Limit: 100 meters (328 feet) for segments, including patch cables at both ends.
- Professional Audio and Video: For venues and events where flawless audio and video signal transmission is paramount.
- Data Centers: Can be used to interconnect servers, switches, and other data center infrastructure.
- Office Networking: Reliable for setting up wired connections in offices, ensuring fast and stable data transfer.
- Home Networking: Ideal for high-speed internet, gaming, and streaming setups in homes.
- Security Systems: Suitable for connecting CCTV cameras and other surveillance equipment.